Chicken tandoori is a traditional Indian dish that is enjoyed by people across the world. The dish is prepared by roasting marinated chicken in a tandoor. It is served with complimentary sides of the diner’s choice. It’s also one of the most common dishes on the menu at an indian cuisine white plains ny restaurant. Want To know even more interesting facts about this delightful dish? Take a look at a few things you might like to know.
· Tandoori originated in India but has become a favorite entree for people in many parts of the world. It is especially popular in the United Kingdom, Southeast Asia, and France. More people in the U.S. eat Tandoori than ever before as well.
· The chicken used to prepare Tandoori is seasoned and marinated with a variety of spices. Yogurt is also used to marinate and flavor the chicken. It is then traditionally prepared in a tandoor.
· The dish uses turmeric and other spices so it tends to be hot. For people who want a milder version, there are alternative available.
· Charcoal and wood stoves heat the tandoor used to prepare the chicken. This adds a smoky flavor to the final result.
· It is said that Kundan Lal Gujral founded the dish in 1947.Gujra owned a restaurant called Moti Mahal Deluxe during this time.
· Chicken Tandoori is often used as a base in curry.
Few Indian dishes are as tasty as the chicken tandoori. It is one meal that everyone should try at least once in their life. If you attend an Indian family meal or visit a restaurant, it is sure to be offered to you. Any fan of spicy, Indian dishes is sure to appreciate the divine flavors this dish puts on the table.